Saturday, February 24, 2007

For Those That Say, "I Can" . . . and Do!

Somebody said, "It couldn't be done."
But he, with a chuck replied that, "maybe it couldn't."
But he would be one who wouldn't say so til he tried.
So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin on his face.
If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing that couldn't be done . . . and he did it!

It is my prayer that this blog serve as a resource and respite for all of the diligent caregivers that are caring for sick parents, children, and spouses in their homes. I've had 12 years of experience caring for my sister, father, daughter, husband, and now my mother. I especially hope to help those individuals in Indiana who are looking for help in caring for their in firmed loved ones. I'll include links for resources, supplies, reliable babysitting/parent sitting services, favorite caregiver books, support groups, dining aids, multi-tasking tips, travel tips for traveling with or without your care recipient, well and little known government help agencies for care giving rookies, making a workable/economical menu for everyone's dietary needs, doctors who make house calls, and personal stories of care giving to make you laugh, cry, or simply know that you aren't alone. Please feel free to post comments or questions or you can e-mail me directly at caregiverresource@yahoo.com.

1 comment:

Contributing Author said...

It's very nice to see someone openly sharing their family caregiving experiences. I think a lot of people view that process as a private matter. The fact that you're sharing the knowledge and experienced you've gained. To the astute and interested, this blog can be some of the best caregiver training available.